Posted: August 2, 2019
Headquarters: Victoria, BC, Canada
AdButler is an AdTech SaaS platform, with a creative team of developers and designers dedicated to producing amazing web apps. We are looking for someone to join the team as a UI/UX Expert.
Why join AdButler:
AdButler is a people-first company. We believe that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do – our behaviours and our culture. And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises and gives you the true sense of purpose.
We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products and is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Why this role is important:
You walk in the shoes of the user, think in experiences and are passionate about creating solutions that are intuitive and motivating. You understand that design and performance are not mutually exclusive, and you know how to blend the two. And you love making interfaces that are easy to use and beautiful at the same time.
You use a spectrum of tools: personas, design sprints, customer journey maps, wireframes, and occasionally, the back of a napkin to help you design effective solutions to customer problems. You love taking rough ideas and iterating on them until they are a refined product that reinforces our brand and vision.
You enjoy working and collaborating with product managers, developers, testers and company leadership to create the best experiences for customers. You will question and gather feedback on designs, prototypes and demos to ensure they live up to a high standard. Above all else, you are passionate about product design, the user, and designing delightful experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
- Product Design: create functional and modern user interface designs and experiences for our end users.
- Design Guide: create and maintain design guidelines to ensure consistency across our applications.
- Simplify: take complex ideas and translate them into clean workflows based on user research.
- Usability Testing: engage with our customers and product team to understand user needs and competitive landscape
- User Stories: aid in the creation of user stories and support our engineering teams during scrum sprints.
- Advocate: champion the importance of UX design at SparkLIT
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a UX role for web-based platforms.
- Experience in user research, interaction design and visual design for the web.
- Experience with responsive and native mobile app design (iOS, Android).
- Experience in the creation, evolution and use of design systems.
- Strong creative research, writing, and design skills.
- Strong communication skills, but better listening skills.
- You live in Sketch for early concepts, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Adept at creating interactive prototypes with InVision, Marvel, Flinto, Figma or similar tools.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org