Posted: December 24, 2018
Headquarters: Munich, DE and New York, NY
What we’re looking for
LaterPay is looking for a full time Frontend Software Engineer to join our distributed tech team. You’ll work on various frontend applications, building new features, as well as maintaining and fixing existing code.
We’re looking to hire someone at mid-level or higher. We would expect the ideal candidate to:
- Translate ideas into projects with discrete tasks.
- Give guidance & unblock others on their team/area.
- Be sought out by others as a technical resource.
- Seek design, architecture or specialized input when needed (and know when it’s needed).
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt and tradeoffs.
- Communicate with non-technical team members to give technical advice.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working within a cross functional team of Product Managers, UX designers and Backend Engineers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions.
- Writing reusable components and associated styling.
- Writing unit and integration tests.
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling.
- Assisting with documentation of new features, contributing to the documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Help identify and fix front-end bugs and issues.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with React, Redux, and Webpack:
It is very important that you are able to hit the ground running with our existing React-based UIs.
- Experience with or exposure to some other tools which exist in our projects : Stylable, TypeScript and Python (useful, but not strictly required).
- A solid surface/contextual-level understanding of “the full web stack”.
We don’t expect you to know the mechanics of a DNS SOA record, for example, but knowing the right tool to use for a given task is important, as is knowing enough to start asking helpful question.
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
Communication is vital, especially as a distributed team, where most tools we use don’t communicate tone or body language.
How we work
LaterPay has around 40 people spread over 12+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday – Friday from 9ish UTC to 6ish UTC, and ideally you’ll have at least four hours of overlap with that. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- Training budget
- AllHands (biannual team event)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- upload you CV, and
- let us know in your cover letter what you bring to the table.
Our preference goes to applications with cover letters.
We will be accepting applications until January 4th, 2019.
Up to €75,000/year
To apply: Apply on our careers page: https://laterpay-jobs.personio.de/job/86203