Posted: July 1, 2019
Headquarters: Scranton, PA
If you’re from a group that is under-represented in tech, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We view each new team member as an opportunity to bring in a fresh and new perspective. And while the Eastern time zone is preferred, it is not mandatory as Jujama is a remote-friendly work environment. We only ask that at least 4 working hours overlap with the Eastern time zone.
You should have a solid understanding, and preferably years of experience in, building and deploying React-based web — and, as a nice-to-have, native — mobile apps from scratch. We’ll be looking for your leadership in making key decisions in the structure of our future apps.
Your primary areas of focus will be:
Technical Leadership – You’ll be in on the ground floor with developing the structure, direction, and strategy for the future of our applications. We expect you to have a full grasp of the implications of these early decisions, on building software with a team, and on optimizing for scale of use.
Building Products – From initial concept to deployment, you’ll be building and maintaining new products. You’ll be collaborating with the systems and backend teams as well as growing your own team.
Professional Development – We expect your team to grow as-needed into a small, well-focused team making the best mobile event management applications in the industry – to further Jujama’s reputation of delivering the very best cutting-edge technologies for our industry-leading clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary $60,000-$85,000 depending on experience
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with company match after 1 year of employment
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Remote-friendly work environment
- All US Bank Holidays off
- Liberal annual vacation
- The world is your office
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (preferably Eastern time zone)
- Good communication skills (written and voice)
- Advanced experience building and deploying React-based apps
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with version control (preferably with git)
- Bonus: Experience with React Native (or similar)
- Bonus: Have built software development teams
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org