Posted: December 24, 2018
Headquarters: We are a 100% remote company.
Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging software for educators and students!
Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. Our team is hungry to learn and improve—both when it comes to our products and ourselves. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together.
As a team member at Teaching.com, you’ll get to work on popular products like Typing.com, the world’s largest typing software, and Nitro Type, the #1 educational game in the world. Everyone at Teaching.com is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 40 million students and teachers internationally.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
For over a decade, Teaching.com’s products have relied on the natural word-of-mouth growth that comes from building quality products. Over the last year, we’ve identified our need for increased sophistication in this area and have partnered with key vendors in the area of marketing analytics, content marketing, SEO, and press relations. We are looking for a marketing leader to manage these relationships while planning, developing and executing new marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will take the time to learn everything about our business, implement new strategies and analyze the results. They’ll keep what works and discard what doesn’t.
- Increase revenue through meaningful user growth and retention strategies for each of Teaching.com’s products
- Manage and coordinate existing marketing vendor relationships for the greatest benefit
- Identify new or unused marketing techniques and set up tests to validate results
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels
- Establish a regular rhythm of reporting on marketing analytics to the executive team
- Manage marketing budget and spend
- Liaise with product, finance and customer support to guide a unified approach to marketing and business objectives
Skills & Background
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- Proven leadership in creative and analytical projects
- Expertise in transforming market research and data analysis into actionable business strategies
- Demonstrable experience developing effective strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Executive-level organizational skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven track record of experience in hyper-growth environments
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote office stipend and hardware assistance
- Flexible office hours
- Annual conference allowance
- Annual company retreat
Position Type – Full-Time, Remote
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please complete our online application: http://jobs.teaching.com/apply/l2vy3gWaEr/Marketing-Manager