Headquarters: Fully remote company (worldwide, incorporated in Berlin)
The Open edX platform itself is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture. You would also work on different clients contracts using the platform, which can include both DevOps operations and fullstack Python/Django/JS development. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one.
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)