Posted: July 1, 2019
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
At Visible, we help startup leaders engage investors so they can have a better chance of success. 1000s of companies use Visible to communicate with investors and other stakeholders every day.
We are looking for a high-impact product designer who is eager to take ownership of a product and continue to shape the complete user experience. You’ll join our product team and help drive our next phase of growth.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our CEO and engineering team to drive product design, direction and roadmap execution. As our product designer, you will create design systems that are simple to understand but will help us to move faster as we scale. Your approach to design is informed by both data and a deep understanding of our customers and the things they want to accomplish.
This role will also work with our marketing team to make visual design cohesive across product and marketing, helping us build a clean and consistent brand identity that is rich in character and still highly functional.
You’ll own and define problem statements. Collaboration with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders will be key to your success. This role will be responsible for driving solutions that combine powerful functionality with user delight and simplicity—from initial discovery to public launch.
Who You Are
- You want to take ownership of something and produce high-impact work.
- You don’t get stuck on pretty UI alone and can balance between craft, speed and the bottom line.
- You have great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear communication in all forms is a must.
- You have experience designing digital products and responsive systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- You use protoyping and wireframes as a means to explore and convey possible solutions, then are able to design pixel-perfect mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- You’re comfortable writing HTML, CSS, SASS for desktop & mobile design
- You’re self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer and are driven to try and figure it out.
- Experience building and scaling a SaaS-based solution
- Have worked on crafting and building a brand
- Comfortable with WordPress theme development – enough to improve and iterate on our current marketing site
- Familiarity working with Ember or similar framework