Posted: January 28, 2019
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
We’re looking for a Rails developer to join our team to help grow our start-up, to make marketing better for ecommerce.
Email newsletters mostly suck. Especially for ecommerce, newsletters really suck as a marketing tool. Customers expect personalised messaging – not bulk emails. At SmartMail we’re fixing that for ecommerce stores.
SmartrMail is a marketing tool for ecommerce stores to send personalised shopping emails, to get more sales. Last year we helped our stores send 1 billion emails, which generated $42 million in sales for them.
Our mission is to give the power of Amazon’s marketing to any e-commerce store. Sound like an interesting challenge? We’re a friendly team of 11 based in Australia, Brazil, Lithuania and Portugal.
What the role will focus on
- Full stack Ruby on Rails development of new features
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, and suggesting improvements
- UI implementation of new features
- Bug fixing and Support
- Mentorship of junior developers
What you will bring to the role
- 2+ years’ experience in Full-Stack Ruby on Rails development (remote is ok)
- Passion for excellent UX
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Jira)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
Nice but not essential
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with e-commerce or email development
Why Join SmartrMail?
- Build an awesome product that people love
- We’re a friendly, flexible team and flexible work environment
- We care deeply about technology and a great product
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing start up
Office locations: Brazil, Lisbon, Kaunas or Melbourne (remote is ok too)