Posted: September 9, 2019
Headquarters: Richmond, VA
We are creating a world in which transportation is no longer a barrier to care for anyone.
Today though, 10,000 people in the US don’t get to their medical appointments because of byzantine technology. That’s why leading medical institutions partner with us to keep doctors busy, patients on time, and social workers delighted.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are key. We believe that innovation is powered by diverse perspectives and that teamwork and respect for simplicity lead to superior results. Together, we are on a quest to change medical transportation for good.
• Document, architect, develop, and test software with a commitment to excellence
• Collaborate with the product team to complete projects
• Improve our Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Contribute to an effective agile environment
• Be a stable and trustworthy resource for the team by demonstrating a comprehensive
understanding of our product suite
• Onboard and mentor new and existing members of the team and guide them to success
• Take ownership of code and systems developed by other members of the team
• Been a proven technical leader with strong development skills
• A degree in computer science, a software-related field, or equivalent work experience
• Experience in all areas of SDLC, including architecture and design, development, and testing
• Excellent understanding of feature estimation and ability to communicate issues and risks that may impact timelines, budget, or resources
• Experience with Agile development lifecycle
• Expert Object-Oriented Design and programming skills
• Competency in designing quality REST API’s
• A passion for creating digital products that people love
Bonus Points If You…:
• Have experience developing microservices
• Love teaching others about software development
Ideal Candidates Are Thinking About:
• Staying proactive vs. reactive!
• Workflows to manage communication and learnings from internal teams to external teams and vice versa.
• Ways to utilize technology over people to maximize efficiency of human capital
• Things we’re not thinking about – that’s why we need you!