Company: Muck Rack
Headquarters: New York
- Have significant experience working on a complex, high-traffic site, particularly at a startup or software-as-a-service company.
- Have extensive experience with Django, Python, and other software in our tech stack, with a willingness to learn in those areas where you have less experience.
- Enjoy working with and collaborating with designers, UX experts, and product managers to create outstanding features.
- Have experience leading other engineers to ship major features on schedule.
- Enjoy helping others grow as developers and become successful.
- Take pride in the quality of the code you write. Your code is readable, testable, and understandable six months later. You adhere to the Zen of Python.
- Are able to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the tradeoffs.
- Work well in a fast-paced development environment with testing, continuous integration and multiple daily deploys.
- Can work well with remote developers.
- Have amazing problem-solving skills.
- Are interested in journalism, news, media or social media.
To apply: Send us an email to email@example.com with a cover letter explaining how you fit the bill for the requirements listed above. Include links that demonstrate your best work, whether it’s a project you created on Github, website you built, software you created, a blog you’ve written, or something you’ve made in a completely different medium. Any attachments should be PDF, not MS Word. For more info about working at Muck Rack, see https://muckrack.com/careers