Posted: February 2, 2019
Company: Mokriya Inc
Headquarters: San Jose, CA
Mokriya takes software seriously. We’re pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building clients’ products just as we do our own: investing heavily in design, iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction. We learned a lot of interesting things along the way about the right way to ship software, and we’re now bringing our incredible software product experience to larger companies like Verizon, Google, Intel, Twitter, Sony, L’Oréal— and we do this all with a fully distributed team.
We believe that well-made software can change the world, no matter how small or simple a product might be. We also believe that poorly-made software —badly-designed, badly-developed, or badly-supported— is a preventable tragedy.
Mokriya’s mission is to make great software: for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you’re not at your job, you’re probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart <insert-something-you-bought-recently>. You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good software tester with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
If this sounds like you, and you’ve been working on C++, you should apply. We strongly encourage and are proponents of diversity.
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Mokriya because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won’t have to spend time watching over anyone else’s either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
- Preference for a candidate who is in the United States.
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance risk analytics, enterprise application designs, and software infrastructure using object-oriented design and analysis, using Java.
- Build a REST API service layer.
- Utilize modularity and layering to enable high scalability and maintainability for software applications.
- Write high-performance computer algorithms and software code for Risk Analytics suite of applications.
- Create software design documents, architecture, sequence, class, and related artifacts.
- Translate design inputs into development work items. Assist in providing estimates for levels of effort required to accomplish expected deliverables.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, Product/Project Managers, and Quality Assurance engineers to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer framework, and functional components, following coding, documentation and design standards.
- Research new technologies and techniques to support leading-edge development. Mentor junior team members on technical aspects.
- Provide an active contribution to the team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of critical enterprise scale applications.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of professional experience
- At least 4 years of experience in object-oriented design, data structures, design patterns, algorithms, and programming skills using C++
- Ability to build fast, reliable, scalable, highly available, services and software components
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality code and experience with source control systems like Git/Bitbucket
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests, using static analysis tools, profiling code, continuous deployment, etc
- Past experience with Agile methodology
To apply: https://mokriya.workable.com/jobs/907233