Posted: May 7, 2019
Company: DockYard, Inc.
Headquarters: Boston, MA
WHO WE ARE
DockYard is a 100% remote software consultancy that specializes in web applications. We have in-house designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
WHAT WE DO
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK HERE
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
- 100% Remote workforce
- 100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
- 401(k) offered through Vanguard
- Substantial paid time off
- Conference stipend
Remote (U.S. based only)
- Source, screen, interview, and evaluate candidates
- Foster long-term relationships with candidates
- Review and understand technical job requirement requirements
- Review applicants to verify if position requirements are met
- Create detailed job descriptions
- Follow up with candidates
- Write and post technical job descriptions
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms, like LinkedIN and Github
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen resumes
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with department directors to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals
- Promote company’s reputation as a great place to work
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Some travel may be required.
- Proven experience as a Technical Recruiter
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Google Hangouts, Zoom)
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for software engineering (both front-end and back-end), SQA engineering, product design, and project management roles
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search)
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Self-confident self starter
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation as it relates to recruitment
NICE TO HAVES
- Proficient understanding of Ember.js, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Product and Visual Design, and Project Management recruiting
- Experience working in a remote team
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.